- Orientation and training on effective lobbying techniques
- Appointment scheduling services for legislative meetings
- Materials to convey a clear, concise, and powerful message
- AHDI/MTIA staff assistance every step of the way
Download Registration Form
Why We Advocate
- To further relationships with key/influential members of Congress and the Administration
- To create a stronger and more meaningful coalition of allies with allied health and IT organizations, patient and consumer advocacy groups
- To enhance career development and workforce support
- To be involved in possible future rules/regulations around safety, credentialing, and management of data about which workers should be qualified to have access in alignment with more stringent HIPAA requirements
Sign the Petition Letter
AHDI/MTIA staff, volunteers, and Dewey Square Group have created a petition letter summarizing the critical nature of our profession and the role we play in ensuring patient safety. We are collecting as many electronic signatures as possible between now and December 31, 2010. In early 2011, we’ll be presenting this letter to all the appropriate legislators. If enough signatures are obtained, we will present it to the Secretary of Health and Human Services as well as the President of the United States. Please take a moment to read this letter and sign it electronically.
Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
3800 Reservoir Rd NW
Washington, DC 20057
The Georgetown University Hotel and Conference center is nestled among the buildings of the university campus in one of the most historic Washington, DC, neighborhoods. Complimentary transportation to two nearby metros—Dupont Circle and Rosslyn—are available along with abundant shopping and restaurants right around the corner in the heart of Georgetown. Single- and double-occupancy rooms for AHDI/MTIA Advocacy Summit attendees are $189 per night.
Reserve by Phone: 1-888-324-2111 (mention you are with AHDI/MTIA)
Advocacy Summit attendees interested in sharing hotel room costs at Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center may contact Miranda Youkhaneh at email@example.com or 800.982.2182 for roommate pairing.
For more details and updated information, visit Advocacy Summit 2011 at www.ahdionline.org/advocacy2011.