Join us to explore healthcare documentation best practices in the setting of speech recognition technology—how to make this technology work to our greatest advantage. For our role in documenting patient care, there is a distinct contrast to traditional transcription, necessitating a skillset shift from the constant motion of expert typing to the more analytical, immediate identification and correction of the inevitable flaws in speech recognized text. Human intervention is necessary because of like sounds in the English language as well as the arrays of dialects and speech patterns. This presentation offers definitions of that intervention in fine detail.
- Understand how the technology of speech recognition works.
- Understand the impact we have on how well the technology works.
- Know how to determine what to edit and when to edit in recognized drafts.
- Embrace skillset shift from traditional transcription to editing of recognized drafts.
- Develop strategies for the best balance of complete accuracy and top productivity.
Presenter: Criss Spoto
Date: April 29, 2015
Time:12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET
CE Credits: 1 MTT or 1 TW
Not able to attend live? You may still purchase and register for this webinar; the webinar recording will automatically be emailed 24 hours after the event ends.