Certification in healthcare documentation makes a difference -- to the patients whose care depends your on precise documentation, to employers who must hire highly qualified and trusted healthcare documentation specialists, and to yourself for the satisfaction for attaining certification. The four letters that will follow your name will make a powerful statement about the expertise you bring to the table. Ultimately, becoming credentialed will:
- Prepare you for new healthcare documentation positions in the EHR.
- Demonstrate that you are trained and certified in HIPAA compliance.
- Distinguish you from those without a credential.
- Raise employer’s confidence in you when introducing new technologies or services.
- Keep you marketable in the event of cutbacks or mergers.
- Get your foot in the door as a new graduate.
Ready to pursue credentialing? Get started here → Types of Credentials